Friday, February 7, 2014

Roasted Vegetables

This is another snack/side I really like. I love to shave vegetables like carrots and zucchini. Then i take a little bit of olive oil and salt. I but them in the oven at 350 and then watch them like a hock. They are raw, raw, raw, and then burnt. Due to shaving them they are different thicknesses so you have to really watch them. The thinner ones will be done a couple minutes before the thicker ones. 

I also like to do this with potatoes. Potatoes however you have to cut with a knife, at least with all the cooking instruments I have. I cook them the same way as the others but after about 10 minutes I broil them. This gives them a nice crunchy skin on the out side.

These are nice for when I want something salty and crunchy. I basically can't have much that is processed. So this is now my chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment