Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fried Rice

Today was a fried rice kind of day.

For me since I only need one serving I made 1/3 cup of rice.

2/3 cup cooked rice
1 T of sesame oil
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t ginger
1 t soy sauce
1/2 fish sauce
1 t sugar
1 beaten egg

What I do is make my rice. When it is done, I put the sesame oil in the pan over medium heat and let it warm for about a minute. This is when I add all the rice. I let the rice cook for about a minute or two then flip it to the other side. You are literally frying the rice. Then I add my spices, sauces, and sugar. I mix those in thoroughly, and then finally add the egg. I mix the egg in the rice. I personally don't like egg that much, but mixed in it isn't too bad. I make sure that all the egg gets cooked. (you don't want it to look wet)

Now you have yummy Chinese Fried Rice. This recipe doesn't take long once you have the rice cooked and is really yummy if you like Asian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment