Friday, March 14, 2014

More Exploring

This week I was able to drive to Idaho Falls and go to a natural food grocery store. So cool! Majority of stuff there I could eat. Normally I walk around a grocery store and just avoid most aisles.

Today I found gluten free and mostly corn free orange sauce. My favorite food of all time is Orange beef. It is an Asian dish with breaded beef in a spicy orange sauce. I haven't had this for obvious reasons for 2 years. Today though I found that sauce and was so excited!


So I made this yummy noodle, pork, and mushroom dish.

I also found some pretty good tasting animal crackers. Gluten free stuff can be a hit and miss. Somethings don't taste bad others are awful. Trying to find a corn free cookie made it so much harder though. The main ingredient in a lot of gluten free foods is a corn based product. They have some corn in them but it is not one of the main ingredients.


I also found chips that are a bean product. Most chips are made out of corn (corn chips) or are fried/seasoned in stuff that contains corn. So I was excited to find these chips, haven't tried them yet though.

At my local Walmart I was pretty happy with my findings there too!

I was able to find a gluten and corn free fruit snack. I love fruit snacks but they are just another processed thing packed full of preservatives aka corn....


I also tried these peanut-butter and jelly sandwich things. They are actually quite good.


I love juice. It is bad... I can only drink 100% juices though. Once again if they aren't 100% normally they have corn syrup (poison to me.) I found a 100% juice smoothie. It was actually something I drank periodically in high school. Yummy mango flavored one.


Here is a picture of what I got at the Natural Food Store. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment